Thursday, March 12, 2009

Assault of the Girl Scouts

Have you noticed that when Girl Scouts start selling cookies, they are EVERYWHERE? I wouldn't be able to pick out a Girl Scout in a police lineup 11 months out of the year, but buddy, cookie time comes around, and the are EVERYWHERE! Wal-Mart, Kroger, the gas station, walking up and down the street, knocking on doors...

I went to Kroger the other day, and there they were, camped out in front of the entrance door. Six of them, to be exact. I've already bought 4 boxes of GS cookies, so I didn't need any more. I stood firm when they surrounded me and announced, "GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! We're trying to raise money for a trip! Would you like to buy a box?" "No thanks, I already bought several boxes from someone," I replied, as their faces fell. That's how they get you, with the guilt trip. I did my shopping, thinking I was off the hook, and when I went to leave, there were MORE of them! They surrounded both entrances, so you can't get away from them!

I ended up with an extra box of cookies. When else can you buy Caramel deLites, AKA SAMOAS...

No comments: