Monday, March 22, 2010

10 Things I Like About You

My kindred friend, Sarah, posted on her blog "10 Reasons why my husband ROCKS" (her husband, not mine) and posted a challenge for her blog readers to do the same. So Sarah, this is for you.

10 Reasons I <3 My Hubby

10. He's easy on the eyes. I think he looks like Chris Daughtry. Chris Daughtry wasn't famous when we were dating. Oh well. He didn't look like Chris Daughtry when we started dating, anyway :)

9. His eccentric taste in music. I don't know anyone else who has loves country, I'm talking Johnny Cash and Hank Williams (Sr., not Jr.), along with music that's so heavy metal, I can't even understand what they say unless you look up the lyrics to the song.

8. His knowledge of vehicles. I'm not gonna lie. The man knows his cars. And he's saved us about a gazillion dollars in mechanic fees over the past 11 years. How can you not love someone who saved the family a GAZILLION dollars? He probably thinks the same thing about me when it comes to the kids' birthday cakes. Right, babe?
Right?

7. His love for peanut butter. Scott isn't much of a candy man. He can't stand chocolate. Mix the chocolate with some peanut butter, however, and you've officially won his heart. You can't be a Graham and not like peanut butter.

6. He's a great dad. He takes the kids fishing. He does a movie and pizza night with the kids every Friday night while I'm at work. Who cares if they don't clean up the dishes afterward?

5. His family. Seriously, his family ROCKS. Come over on family game night. They'll make you laugh until your cheeks hurt while simultaneously questioning your sanity. Just ask my father-in-law about Grandmas with Tongue Amputations. Or my mother-in-law about gypsies/pirates. Or my sister-in-law and my niece about those dang Chihuahuas that live in your walls and steal shiny things. Graham family + Balderdash = stories to tell for years.

4. His ability to recited lines from movies that he hasn't watched in months, even years. He did that to me the other day. He LOVES the movie Dumb and Dumber. Hasn't seen in in I can't tell you how long. Yet he can recite half the movie, and act out various scenes.

3. His love for the oddest movies. He's a self-proclaimed movie buff. Yeah, he likes gory movies. He loves action movies just as much as the next guy. HIS favorite movies include UHF, with Weird Al Yancovich, the Evil Dead series, Dumb and Dumber, Bubba Ho-Tep, or Cabin Boy. Yes, he's weird and goofy. We already covered that.

2. He loves a psycho. OK, I wouldn't call myself a psycho. I wouldn't call myself easy to live with, either. I have my moments, and I have my moods. Yet, he's been here for 11 years, and for some reason, he still kinda likes me.

1. His persistence. I first dated his friend in high school. When Scott pursued me, I resisted dating him. I resisted telling him "I love you" when he professed his love for me. I resisted when he announced he wanted to marry me one day. Man, I was a pain in the butt.

So, there you have it, folks. I'd love to hear some of my blog readers (do I have any??) Top 10 lists, too :)

2 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Yay!! =) I'm glad you did it too! What a great list. I LOVE number one on your list- so sweet!! He's your Edward. ;-)

amy said...

Good job Amanda! And you have at least two readers...lol! I think I have about two people too!