Friday, April 2, 2010

Apparently I have too much time on my hands

Why is it that moms are supposed to know where every single item in the house is at all times? I can't tell you how many times my kids (and the husband, too) have asked me, "Where are my shoes? Where are these shorts? Where is my backpack?" Supposedly, moms have some sort of detector built into their brains that make them able to locate anything in the house at any time. Well, mine apparently is broken. So, of course, when I can't find what they are looking for, somehow that is my fault, too. Don't ask how that works. Maybe they think that I get bored and hide things? "Oh look! A pair of shoes! I think I'll take them out of this closet and hide them somewhere no one will find them! Because I LOVE hunting for shoes 5 minutes before the bus is supposed to be here!" I guess I take their homework out of their backpacks and put the papers in the middle of the floor. "I don't know how my homework got THERE. *I* didn't put it there!" Sure, son, sure.

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

I DO almost always know where things are and Jackson and Alan sort of think I have a super power because of it. You need to start hiding things and then when people ask for them, think momentarily...close your eyes, mumble, and then pull out the item. It makes everyone admire your magical powers. =)