Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The chaos of a school morning

Why do I love summer so much? Maybe it's because I love flip flops and shorts. Maybe it's because I love the pool. Or maybe it's because I don't have any kids I have to drag out of bed and get out the door by 7:05. Seriously, mornings are my LEAST favorite part of school. My middle child, Tyler, is SO NOT A MORNING PERSON. He drags his feet half the morning and is grouchy. He doesn't want to eat. He just wants to stare at the wall. (Gee, where did he get that from??) I adore my kids, but he is a bear to get ready in the morning, no matter how prepared we are the night before. You can drag a kid out of bed, but once he's out of bed, the only thing you can do is nag, nag, nag them to get ready. I can't say I blame him. I hate mornings, too. I take that back. I detest mornings. Summer, I may complain about how hot it is when you are around, and I may complain about the kids being in my hair all. day. long. But I miss my lazy summer days already. Getting up at 6:15 is for the birds.

No comments: