Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Movie Bummer

My kids and I love going to the movie theater. Being basically a single income family (I mean, come on, I work 15 hours a week, and have summers off...UNPAID), we don't get to go to the movies very often. Regal Cinema (formerly Carmike Cinema), which owns Valley View Grande theater, does FREE movies all summer. My kids LOVE going to the movies, even if it's a movie they've already seen (which are 90% of the movies). But, most of all, they LOVE their own box of popcorn and their OWN little drink.

What a bummer it was to find out that they aren't doing the drinks and popcorn this year! Instead, the cheapest (CHEAPEST) thing they have is a kid pack for $5.75. They get one scoop of popcorn, one tiny drink and a fun-sized Skittles. This is basically what they got last year, except for the jacked up price. $5.75x3 kids? No thanks. I'll just go find a bigger purse ;)

No comments: