Monday, July 8, 2013

This blog is a sad one...

I am currently mourning the loss of someone very near and dear to me, who passed away the day before Memorial Day.  I talked about her in one of my previous blog posts, so I'm not going to re-cap much of anything, except that her name was Pat, but I always called her Pat-o, and we lost her to cancer, and I'm taking things day by day and I'm trying to look at her loss from a Biblical perspective, but to say that I miss her is the understatement of the century, and to say my heart hurts is putting it mildly.  Here's a poem for you, Pat-o.  My special angel. 



Pat with (l-r) my sister, my brother and myself.  I was, oh, maybe 6 or 7 here.
                                           My Pat-o.


All we're left with are memories of you,
But what  I'm left with just won't suffice.
I miss you with every breath I take
Losing you has left a hole in my heart.
Sometimes I smile when I think of you,
Sometimes it's more than I can bear.
I know you would tell us to dry our tears,
Because you're OK,
But living every day without you
Makes me wonder when:
When will my heart no longer ache?
When will we say it's ok,
And finally rejoice
Instead of shedding more tears?
How do I finally accept
You're no longer here?
I miss your smile
I miss your voice
I miss you.
When will my heart no longer ache?
You were a rock people would lean on,
Your heart was open wide.
I'm not saying anyone is perfect,
But to everyone who lost you, it sometimes feels that way.
When will my heart no longer ache?

When will my tears subside?
When will your memory bring me joy
Instead of sorrow?
Time will lessen the sting
Until it no longer aches
When I think of you,
But right now
My broken heart doesn't know when.
 

No comments: